Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Paul & Joe Face and Eye Color Palette Review

Paul and Joe is becoming a cult favorite in Japan and is also gaining popularity in North America. Their signature kitten embossed lipsticks and pretty packaging has caught the attention of many makeup lovers like myself so I've decided to try the limited edition Come Sail Away Face & Eye Color Palette from the summer collection.


Multipurpose compacts are all the rage nowadays and with my busy schedule anything that makes application quicker is welcome in my makeup bag. This ocean themed palette features cute prints and a fun marina/beach motif reminiscent of sailboats floating on the water. It contains 3 pigments inspired by coral reefs and designed to look amazing under the fleeting summer sun.


The palette is quite simple - the lightest pink has a luminous finish and a mild flush of pretty color which doubles as blush and highlight. The bright pink (middle shade) has subtle shimmer with bold pigment that appears vibrant on the skin and the matte brown has a peachy undertone that doesn’t stand out as much on my complexion but works as a transition shadow for blending.


The light pink seems to be most saturated but overall the pigmentation is good and the powders are soft, creamy and buildable should you wish to enhance them. With a good primer they mesh well to create a beautiful coral-pink eye shadow effect that is soft, fresh and perfect for the season. I take this palette when I travel because it is small, thin and light plus it satisfies my craving for the perfect, frosty glow.


The silky pigments are nice but I don’t know if they are unique enough to entice those who already have a versatile makeup collection. I already own similar pinks but if you are looking for this combination of color, the quality is good. A few more shades would have made the palette a bit more usable for creating different effects but it is still super adorable! This limited edition palette retails for $36.00 and is available at beautyboutique.ca and Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique locations. You can visit the website by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...