Friday, July 12, 2013

Nail Polish Storage Ideas

I love nail polish and having a cute manicure but I don`t go on frequent buying rampages purchasing polish like a maniac...at least I don`t anymore. 
I usually only buy a polish when I really like a shade, when I find a unique color and when they are on sale.
I have a very small polish collection but I thought I would do a post about how I store my nail polish and some other ideas on how you can store your collection.

I usually group my polish together by color not brand. This way it is easier to find the color I want especially since I don't consistently buy the same brands.


I recently purchased this acrylic nail polish rack online which is ideal for displaying my polish and easy access. CLICK HERE for more info.

This was very easy to put together, all I had to do was put in the screws and there were no tools required.
Here is what it looks like all set up

Acrylic storage containers: 
These clear storage containers are also a great way to store your polish. You have a clear view of all the shades and you can buy as many as you want and keep stacking them. They are a bit more compact than the shelf above because it is less wide. I got this at The Container Store.

Here are some other nail polish storage ideas:

Clear decorative jar
This may not be the most organized way to store your polishes but it is a nice display for a vanity table. 

Acrylic nail polish wall rack 
CLICK for more info
Display rack
I like that this rack does not have to be mounted to the wall
CLICK for more info

Spice rack 
This is a cheaper alternative to the nail polish racks.
CLICK for more info

Rotating rack
holds 140 bottles
CLICK for more info

Nail polish Holder
This is great for smaller collections
Decorative boxes
You can purchase boxes to store your polish in or you can find a nice print and design your own box.
Small cabinet
This would work well for larger nail polish collections.

How do you store your nail polish? Leave a comment below and let me know.

28 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to look into that rotating rack or the one that you got! Right now I just store my nail polishes in a box in a drawer, and it's kind of bad because I forget about certain polishes. I just got acrylic lipstick storage, so now I gotta work on nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that was happening to me too! I didn't even know what i had anymore

      Delete
  2. I honestly wish I had this much polish but sadly I dont. and I wish I had finger nails to paint pretty instead of toe nails LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooerr what an impressive nail varnish collection!! It would make me so happy to have that all displayed in rainbow order in my room, so pretty!
    xxxxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, I thought it was a rather small collection but like having them organized by color.

      Delete
  4. I have them in a clear tote box, but they are getting to be too much for it. It's so heavy I worry it will break, so I'm going to make one for the wall from a video I found on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-QmkFhLfHg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, if I had the patience to make something I would but I took the easy way out lol

      Delete
  5. Love your collection :) I have my eye on one of those acrylic tiered stands, it looks so good with all of the polishes on! x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do like it, I feel so much more organized now

      Delete
  6. You have an awesome nail polish collection! Mine is rather... lacking.. I love polish, but I always forget to buy it when I'm getting makeup. I have maybe 5 polishes.. I really like the spice rack for polishes, it's so cute!
    Thought I'd let you know, I have a giveaway going on at my blog that I think you'd like; there are a ton of bright shadows. I'd love for you to check it out!
    xx
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KEEP MY POLISHES IN MY MAKE UP BAGS AND LEAVE THEM INSIDE THE DRAWER. I LIVE TOGETHER WITH MY IN LAW PARENTS AND ONLY GET A SMALL ROOM TO SHARE WITH MY HUSBAND SO I ALWAYS RAN OUT OF SPACE FOR MY MAKE UPS AND NAIL POLISHES. RENT IS HAWAII IS SO EXPENSIVE (SIGH*)~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello

    i followed you on GFC,bloglovin..hope you follow me back

    http://eeverywomen.blogspot.sk/


    Love xx
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. My collection isn't that big, so I just store them in clear acrylic bins and then on a shelf. Very simple. I really like the stand you have though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I store my nail polish in a big jumbled mess in a plastic bag. I desperately need a rack to organize them on because I can never find the color I'm looking for.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog
    MommyHeadache
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. You should get a rack, it makes things so much easier.

      Delete
  11. Those are great ideas!
    If you want we could follow eachother
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are following each other on bloglovin, so if you want to connect on GFC we can do that also :)

      Delete
  12. Great post for my daughter to see, who has soooooooooo much polish. Unrelated--> I love the peacock feather look I'm seeing on the sidebar (shadow), that's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, I don't store my polish neatly, that is the problem! On another blog awhile back, a British girl posted this really cute sparkily gray nail polish rack with a link to the site you could buy it from. I was all set to buy it from their Ebay store, but they didn't sell/ship to the States. I haven't found one as cute as that one, and I've been looking! I'm going to hold out a little while longer and keep searching for something similar. If not, I will just get the clear one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erica! Look what I found... I really want this. I think it's so cute and it will hold a lot of polish, plus there is extra storage on the side. I have to save up for one.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/130322942/nail-polish-carousel-tiffany-inspired?ref=listing-shop-header-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cute Lisa! Great investment to stay organized!

      Delete
  15. I love the way you store your polishes. Very creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, A very useful information.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great ideas! My nail polishes are currently stored in a sturdy, pretty box under the sink, but they are starting to overflow. I definitely need a better solution, and The Container Store just opened by me! I'll check it out this weekend. :) http://styletrials.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, so um.. could you do a nail polish design? Like once in a while do one with you makeup look that kinda goes. Like do a birthday look with makeup and nail polish. Just an example. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...