Monday, July 8, 2013

Dr Scholl’s Fast Flats Review

When I first saw the commercial for these fast flats I thought they were a wonderful idea. How many times have us women got all dolled up for a night out, slipped on our beautiful high heels and went out on the town only to discover half way through the night your cute little shoes were crushing your feet, rubbing your heels the wrong way, and making your ankles feel weak? Beauty may be painful and shoes may be cute but it is always nice to have a backup pair of shoes on you when your heels attack. 

I bought these flats at Walmart for $12.47 thinking that I would have them as a backup when I went out to clubs, weddings and any other events where I needed to switch my heels for flats. I am not one to walk barefoot around public areas no matter how much my feet hurt, so this seemed like a great solution.

The packaging is cute; the flats come in a little gold pouch that is a great compact size for most handbags. They are made of soft pliable material so they fold up easily into the pouch. The pouch even has a little loop so you can carry it on its own.
These flats can look a bit awkward from certain angles. There is extra material that sticks out behind your heels making the flats look unflattering from the side and back; but if your feet are really hurting I doubt you will care much about this.

These are great to wear indoors but be warned they have NO padding to cushion your feet. They are NOT shoes and if you wear them outside they can hurt your feet. The thin soles will allow you to feel every pebble as you walk so I do not advise you to wear them outdoors.
These flats are for emergency use and not to replace your actual shoes. For this purpose they work great. The material is a bit flimsy but they will hold up well for occasional indoor wear.


Is this a great idea?  Yes, and if you find yourself in the sore feet from heels predicament often I would recommend getting a pair, or just leave a backup pair of comfy walking flats in your car at all times. 

27 comments:

  1. I have always wondered about these. I think I am going to pick up a pair. Usually, I would throw in a pair of flip flops into my bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are pretty cheap and they for a lot better in a gab than flip flops, try them out :)

      Delete
  2. This is a BRILLIANT idea! So many weddings this summer & unfortunately most of my cute shoes aren't very comfortable...

    Didn't even know these existed until now. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Allison! They do come in very handy!

      Delete
  3. I've given up heels, but this is a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given up heels? How come? They are cute but not many are very comfy.

      Delete
  4. good to know! I was wondering if these shoes would be worth it. sound good for an emergency if I forget to bring other comfy shoes with me.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for emergencies when your choices are walk barefoot or suffer these are the better option.

      Delete
  5. Brilliant dear. I used to have a pair leave in the car though. I think I might get one of this. :)

    XX, IamJenniya
    New Post! >> Denim On...

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review! these would have come in handy last weekend when my heels were killing my feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah I know I have been to so many weddings and clubs where the women are either limping or have their shoes in their hands.

      Delete
  7. A pair of flats for emergencies sounds like a great idea :)
    Catherine
    www.catoura.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Stopping by from http://www.ourlittlenestblog.com to return the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I'll probably pass on this product though! I find that I always have extra pairs of flats in my car just in case of emergency situations :) Totally not digging on the fact that you can feel the ground with those flats :/
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the soles are very thin, only for indoors but if you wear them outdoors it feels like you are barefoot. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. they look great, should also get some for long nights :)
    hugs from germany :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I would love to visit Germany one day

      Delete
  11. this is such a great idea! i have a huge purse so i know i can fit these in there and im always suffering from wearing uncomfortable heels. thanks for sharing :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want a pair of Tieks for this purpose, but they are too expensive for me right now! So these would be another option... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good option for emergency situations :)

      Delete
  13. Such a great idea! I am ashamed to admit I've walked home barefoot before and these would have been a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your feet must have been killing you! But you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Nice flats! I also have a bit similar flats :) it's good to have pair for emergency :) Nice pouch, by the way ;)

    Makeup Demon blog
    Makeup Demon Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh great post! I am going to have to look into getting those!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...