Saturday, July 20, 2013

Neon Manicure

I love bright nail polish, especially in the summer. I like to go outside on a sunny day and have my manicure stand out. I also like the subtle neutral colors and the more common pinks and reds, but sometimes I throw caution to the wind and have some fun with my manicure.

That being said I know that this neon green color may not be for everyone. When I saw this color in the bottle I thought Whoa! But for some reason it just beckoned for me to buy it.

This green is very bright and definitely stands out. It may not be for those of you who are quite timid when it comes to wild colors but for some reason I like it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that it so unlike anything I have worn before and its new and a tad unusual but I have received some compliments already.

The Ruby Kisses line is something I picked up at my local beauty supply store and for a bargain brand it applies relatively well. It didn't take very long to dry but it was a bit sticky especially after I applied my essie top coat. 

What is the wackiest color you have every tried on your nails?

15 comments:

  1. the green is so funky! the weirdest colour I've ever seen is pacific blue by sally hansen.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have seen that blue. I have been trying to track down this essie blue color for a while and have yet to find it

      Delete
  2. That is such a nice Neon green color . I love color, so i would definitely wear a color like this. My wackiest color was neon orange :)

    www.muslimahluvsmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl that is bright, but you're working it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the neon colors. Just wish I had nails that I could paint. so now i just stick to painting my toes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love neon green polishes, the one I use is from Flormar. I am having a giveaway, make sure to check it out :-)
    My Jewelry Giveaway

    xoxo Pakize

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the neon green nail polish! Come Join me and Karmen for a blog hop http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/07/blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this colour! It kind of reminds me of Essie's Mojito madness! *___* I don't really try crazy colours, I like sticking to my pale pinks! xD <3 And btw, I'm from Toronto as well! C:

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/Bloglovin? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! nice to meet a fellow Torontonian :) Thanks for stopping by and I left a comment on your blog.

      Delete
  8. It looks great! I am a red polish girl but like you I am tempted to break out of the mold and try one of the new bright greens or blues.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color! I have a few shades from ruby kisses, and they have kind of been hit or miss for me. The green I have takes a million coats to show up opaque, but I have a hot pink from them that I love! I really want to try neon green though because it looks nice on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MY FAVORITES ARE NEON ORANGE AND PINK FOR SUMMER. I LOVE~~~~ BRIGHT AND FUN COLORS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you like this color, you should try the Forever 21 Love and Beauty Nail Polish in Neon Green. It took three coats, but it was worth it because it is the brightest neon green I have ever seen!

    xoxo
    Sockwun
    ExtraExtravagant.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...