Today I am going to share some of the beauty tips and tricks that work well for me. Some of these may be well known and others you may not have heard of, so feel free to try the ones that sound promising to you.
1. Applying Vaseline on your eyelashes before bed can help them stay hydrated. I have noticed that by doing this overtime my lashes have grown longer and look fuller.
2. Applying 3-4 different brands of mascara in layers creates long full lashes that gives the appearance of false lashes.
3. Exfoliating your lips once or twice a week helps your lipsticks go on smoothly. There is nothing worse that chapped lips under a bright lipstick. I use the e.l.f. lip exfoliator or I make my own with honey and brown sugar.
4. Shaving your legs with hair conditioner instead of shaving cream leaves your skin soft, smooth and supple. I like to use the Aussie Moist conditioner. Shaving your legs in a warm shower will also open up the follicles and make shaving easier and your legs smoother.
5. Spraying a heat protectant on your hair on hot summer days will help keep your hair protected and help combat dryness.
6. An eyebrow shaver is a nifty little tool to help clean up your brows and keep them neat looking between plucking, waxing or threading sessions.
7. Borage oil (a natural oil derived from a plant) is a great night time moisturizer. It contains anti-aging properties, provides great hydration without clogging pores and gives you better looking skin. For more info on borage oil CLICK HERE
8. Cutting back on heat styling (blow drying, flat ironing & curling irons) greatly improves the health and strength of your hair. It also allows your hair to grow faster and stay more moisturized. I only use heat styling 3-4 times per year.
9. Getting enough sleep helps your body heal faster. When I have a breakout I try to get more sleep and notice that my skin improves a lot faster.
10. Using organic raw honey as a facial mask can be great for your skin. Honey is a humectant and a natural anti-biotic so it can help prevent breakouts and heal the skin.
11. Making an avocado and olive oil face mask at home provides soft smooth skin. The fatty oils in avocado are a wonderful moisturizer.
12. If you suffer from dry hair, deep conditioning your hair using steam or a heating cap is a lot more beneficial than just putting the conditioner on and rinsing it off. For more info CLICK HERE
13. Using an eye cream at night with retinol and vitamin E helps with dark circles and keeps your eyes looking refreshed.
14. To help fade blemishes and scars I use the Ambi Fade Cream and have had great results!
15. I love nail polish but it can be damaging to your nails because of all the chemicals. I always take breaks between every few manicures to give my nails a chance to recoup.
16. Using a good electric toothbrush gives your teeth a much better clean than a manual toothbrush and helps improve the health of your gums.
17. Always use a sunscreen to help prevent pre-mature skin aging and wrinkles.
18. Fake glowing skin by applying a highlight on your T-zone. You can also create a gorgeous glow by adding highlight to your shoulders and down the front of your legs. My favorite bronzer is the Lorac Tantilizer Baked Bronzer. For a full review CLICK HERE
19. If you have oil prone skin carrying oil blotting sheets, using an oil free cleanser, and setting your makeup with a matte powder will help keep the shine down.
20. Carry eye drops on you for late nights out or while travelling to get rid of redness and help you look awake even when you don’t feel it.
21. Exfoliate your skin at least once per week to lift off the dead skin cells and make your face look fresher. Note: Make sure you don’t over exfoliate or you may cause redness and irritation.
22. Use primers to help keep your makeup in place. Face primer works well if you don’t own a makeup setting spray. My favorite eye primer is the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
23. Right after you get out of the shower moisturize your skin with a rich creamy lotion. Your skin will love you for it!
24. Getting a pair of professional hair shears and taking care of split ends can greatly improve the look of your hair.
25. Applying raw peeled potatoes under your eyes can help reduce puffiness and dark circles.
26. Using a corrector that suits your skin tone can help diminish dark under eye circles better than concealer alone.
What beauty tips or tricks do you use? Leave a comment below and let me know.