Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Weekend

This weekend was very relaxing. I had a girls night and we decided to go to a beautiful restaurant on the lake called Snug Harbour. Snug Harbour is located on 14 Stavebank Rd S in Mississauga and boasts panoramic views of the marina from the outdoor patio. It was raining and cloudy on Saturday but that did not stop us from sitting outside on the covered patio.
photo from: commons.wikimedia.org
This is a great place to go for a nice romantic dinner, or in my case a great evening out with friends. The restaurant is a grill, sea food and oyster bar but considering that I don't like sea food there were still many options for me to chose from.

The sangria at Snug Harbour was the best I have ever had! There was citrus, cherry and champagne flavors with frozen fruit.

I ordered the pasta which had a wine cream sauce with roasted garlic, mushroom and chicken. It was delicious!
And for dessert I had chocolate. This wasn't at the restaurant but I had a moment of weakness and bought this bad boy filled with almonds.

After dinner we went back to my friends house and watched a bunch of movies on Netflix, some of which we have never heard of. It's so great to hang out with the girls, catch up, talk until we can't talk anymore and just pig out. Sometimes you just need days like those.

And now for some more makeup!
The e.l.f. Beauty Book was on sale for $5 it makes creating sultry smokey looks very simple because it actually comes with instructions!
Although the colors are nice the palette only comes with one small sponge applicator. It also includes the e.l.f. eye shadow primer (which I don't like) and a black pencil eye liner.

Bangles!

On Sunday I went to the Farmer's Market in Mississauga mainly to get that organic popcorn I am addicted to and to poke around the fruit and veggie stalls.
Mississuagakids.com
Overall the weekend was great. Leave a comment below and let me know what you did this weekend.

12 comments:

  1. great pics girl. you should come over and check mine out

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love going to farmers market and pig out on the weekends hehehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an awesome weekend! Eating on the water is so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun weekend! I could use a girls night. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the Monday Mingling link-up! That sangria looks delicious- glad you had a great weekend! Newest follower via GFC :)

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drink looks delish! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had a fun friday night with your girlfriends! and the farmers' market sounds like a great way to spend a sunday.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy, this post made me really hungry! Lol. Glad you had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that pasta looks amazing!! My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks I followed back but I didn't see any option to leave a comment on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...