Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day!!!

Happy Canada Day everyone! Canada is 146 years old and today we will celebrate the birth of this beautiful and strong nation. I love being  a born and raised Canadian and here in Toronto there will be many celebrations going on around town including a lot of fireworks. 

In Canada we are known for many things like: the fact that we say "eh" a lot, which is sometimes true as I have to admit that when I travel abroad I catch myself saying it. We are also known for our vast and beautiful countryside, cities and landscape, the birth of hockey and delicious maple syrup. We are a bilingual country of French and English, and although I am not fluent in French I did study French in school and can get by fairly well; but there is so much more to us than that. Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and a great place to  live. The abundance of diverse and rich culture is truly beautiful. 

What better way to start off the morning than with some fluffy fruit pancakes topped with Canadian maple syrup!!

I will leave you with a few photos of my home, enjoy!!!
(some of these photos are mine and others I got from the internet)
Downtown Toronto

Nathan Phillips Square Toronto, Outdoor skating rink

Nathan Phillips Square Toronto

Street cars in Toronto

Park along the lake shore in Oakville where we love relaxing in the summer
 CN tower

Chinese Lantern Festival Ontario Place. This is a very beautiful festival

1,000 Islands Ontario 

Royal Ontario Museum

African Lion Safari wildlife park in Ontario. (I rode an elephant here)
 Niagara Falls



Wine country Niagara region. I love going wine tasting here and they make deliciously sweet ice wine.

Village of Blue Mountain Ontario. My hubby and I once went to a beautiful spa in the woods in Blue Mountain, it was so relaxing.

Harbor front and Lake shore area 

 Canada's Wonderland Amusement park 


Carribanna (West Indian) annual festival and Parade in Toronto
The parade consists of lots of costumes, music, food and dancing!


Hope you liked the photos! Leave a comment below and let me know where you are from and your favorite thing to do in the summer.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I am hoping one of these days to see the Butchart Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maple syrup with those pancakes! Yum!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to visit Canada, especially after these wonderful pictures, you've shared ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, You should visit Ontario, it is beautiful and there is a lot to see and do.

      Delete
  4. Happy Canada Day! (Even if I am a day late)

    Its breakfast time in Scotland and those pancakes look delicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Canada Day! Oooh - I want some pancakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...