Saturday, July 6, 2013

MAC Red Satin Lipstick

I have a fair amount of red lipsticks and although there are some I really like I had yet to find one that I fell in love with... until now! I love this MAC red Satin finish lipstick so much that I thought I would feature it in a short post.


This lipstick is very creamy and velvety smooth, and unlike Ruby Woo it is not completely matte, it gives you a touch of shine and lots of beautiful color! This shade is perfect for every season.



The formula in the lipstick is non drying, and contains ingredients like: castor seed oil, sesame oil and jojoba oil among the first ingredients listed.



This red is blue based and unlike some other red lipsticks it does not oxidize and turn orange in appearance.  The shade is richly pigmented and I think it would flatter many skin types from light to dark.


If you are looking for a nice deep red lipstick I would definitely recommend MAC's Red.

Leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite red lipstick is.

15 comments:

  1. I'm getting into lipsticks more, and I love this color. I love rich reds that are blue-based, and I also like a good non-drying formula. Perfect! Beautiful pictures by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! I love lipsticks I buy one almost every time I am in the cosmetics section...I really should cute back lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. MAC always has great colors, I'll have to swing by a MAC counter and give this a try. My favorite right now is a red by Laura Mercier.
    Found you on Summer Blog Hop. Following you via Bloglovin'.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a gorgeous shade! I wish I could pull off such a color.
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. Very nice red color. :) You have a nice blog. Would you like to follow each other? Let me know in my blog and I’ll follow right away. : )

    XX, IamJenniya
    New Post! >> Give a girl the right shoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you :) I left a comment on your blog

      Delete
    2. Thank you dear. I followed you via GFC & Bloglovin. Hope you can follow back on both. :) See you around. :)

      XX, IamJenniya
      New Post! >> Give a girl the right shoes...

      Delete

  5. i like you blog

    following you, now you: http://miraclefooorever.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! The colour is perfectly crushable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color! I really need to get it!!

    Following your blog! Hope you can follow back!!

    Would you wanna trade buttons? If so, let me know!

    XOXO ♥ Kia

    http://www.cosmoglossblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh beautiful! I'm on the lookout for a new red... will have to check it out at a MAC counter (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY FIRST MAC LIPSTICK I'VE EVER BOUGHT WAS RUBY WOO. I LOVE THE COLOR AND HOW IT LOOKS BUT THE TEXTURE IS REALLY ANNOYING. I SHOULD CHECK OUT THIS ONE. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful blue-based red. My favourite (dream) red lipstick is Chanel Pirate, but it is simply too expensive. I am definitely going to buy this one, but I'm still trying to make up my mind on Russian Red. In spite of all the comments on the internet, it looks like a warm red to me and unfortunately I can't wear warm reds with my very cool skin tone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...