Friday, July 5, 2013

Makeup Storage Ideas and Containers

The area where I store my makeup seems to be shrinking..Okay maybe it has something to do with the tiny obsession I have, but until I get a larger vanity area I needed some more storage containers to help me keep organized.

I went to Walmart and found this acrylic vanity top makeup holder by Caboodle for $10.
Right now this container is storing makeup I haven't opened yet and things I don't use everyday. There is also a space  you can use for cotton pads and Q-tips. I also use it as a place to shove extra things, such as items I have ordered 2 of.

I tend to go back and forth between my house and my mom's house because I spend a lot of time with my sister. My hubby and I sometimes take weekend trips so I usually use my makeup train case. While I am not travelling this is an excellent place to store makeup I don't have any other place for.

I also use plastic storage containers with drawers. This container is very deep and can hold a lot. I actually have another storage container like this with 6 drawers. If you get a few of these they really help keep everything organized.

For lipsticks I use these lipstick holders I found at Winners. They are $12 each and keep your lipsticks nice and neat. They come in different shapes and designs. You may be able to find them at other retailers and they do sell them on Ebay and Amazon.


I also have a square one

And then of course there are the 10 or so lipsticks always strewn about at the bottom of my purse, but we won't talk about that....

I am also  getting one of these when I decide how I am going to re-arrange everything in my room. I want to do a bit of re-decorating. This is from Ikea and the color matches with my other furniture. It is also thin enough to tuck away, and it would be prefect for makeup. 
I store my eye shadow palettes and nail polish somewhere else but that will be in another post.  

How do you store your makeup? leave a comment below and let me know.

17 comments:

  1. Followed via blog hop
    http://tarastreatsreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I store mine on my table, in a couple of drawers in my desk, on a shelf behind my desk, and in a train case haha. Mine's all over the place, but I know where everything is. Those acrylic holders look great and pretty cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Aloha Friday!!! New follower! You can find me at http://unravelingends.blogspot.com/

    Would love to have you stop by and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to get some lipstick holders. The price is pretty cheap. I definitely need one. It can get messy having lipsticks here and there or them rolling in the back of your drawer lol. I have a vanity that stores some of my makeup. It is the Malm table from Ikea.It retails for i think 120 or so. and the rest I have in a little plastic 3 drawer mini storage container under the vanity that stores the rest. The Alex drawers from Ikea seem to store a lot of things. A lot of the beauty gurus on youtube have them. Great post. You have inspired me to get organized :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun, thanks for stopping by. I need to get a large vanity and I have to do some rearranging to make sure everything still looks good in the room. I looked at the Alex drawers from Ikea as well but it does not come in black...and since my furniture is darkbrown/black in color I need something that goes with the rest of the room so I think the unit in my post will do just that.

      Those lipstick organizers are great, I keep having to go back and buy more lol.

      Delete
  5. Hi Erica! Stopping by from Aloha Friday... your newest follower! find me at http://www.ilovedoingallthingscrafty.com/ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) following you as well, love your crafty blog

      Delete
  6. Hey girl! Just stopping by to check out your latest! Looks like you have some great storage ideas. I definitely like the makeup station ideas for a vanity or dresser. I could definitely use one of those at some point! Enjoy your weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) I Still need to expand my makeup area, get a large vanity maybe that organizer drawer set I posted...I don't know when I will have time though.

      Delete
  7. I need to sort out my makeup storage x

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Just found your blog via the Aloha Friday Blog Hop.

    Even though I love makeup products I try to keep them on the minimum. There are days when all I use is some foundation, a powder some mascara & a lip balm and I am out the door.
    Honestly, I have a soft spot for storage containers but then again, I think they would take off more of my space than they would help me save it *smile*.
    That's why all my makeup products fit into a a drawer and my body & hair products into another drawer. I think that as long as I can keep them that way it means that I have as much cosmetics as I need.

    Best wishes,
    Andreea.

    Please visit my blog & my design shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have a collection of makeup you can contain lol. I stopped by your blog and followed back :) great post on the avocado mask :)

      Delete
  9. hey there. would love for you to come join my blog hop
    http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/07/summer-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey!
    Just found your blog from the aloha blog hop!!
    Now following! Looking forward to keeping up with your blog!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see how you store your nail polish! I can't seem to find any cute nail polish racks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...