Thursday, July 11, 2013

Gold Eye Shadow

Gold eye shadow is one of my favorites to wear. I wear it as apart of my every day routine when I don`t want to spend too much time on my makeup and when I don`t want to decide among the abundance of other colors I have.

This look is soft and simple.


The gold I used is from a cosmetic company called Faces they have beautiful loose eye shadow called sparkle dust. This gold color is number 002. It looks a lot darker in the jar but when applied it is a shimmery highly pigmented gold.

 If you are not use to using loose eye shadow it can get a bit messy. I suggest applying your eye shadow before you apply your foundation and concealer to your face; this way if the shadow gets onto your face it won`t ruin your foundation. Make sure to use an eye shadow primer like the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Using a flat eye shadow brush tap the eye shadow onto your lids. The more color you tap on the more concentrated and bold the color will appear.

In the crease I used the color Busted from the Naked 2 palette, above the crease just to blend out the colors I used the color Tease. For a brow bone highlight and inner tear duct highlight I used the color Half baked all from the Naked 2 palette. 

Hope you like this look, leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite color from the Naked 2 palette is.

31 comments:

  1. i love the look of golds, but need to play around with it more. interesting to put it under your foundation and concealer?

    very pretty look!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    Lulu & Georgia GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I mean apply your eye shadow before you apply your face makeup so that the eye shadow doesn't leave fallout on your face and ruin your foundation.

      Delete
  2. I really like gold eyeshadows too! And half baked is probably my most used urban decay eyeshadow. I actually have it on today with a purple pigment in the crease!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty!

    By the way, I tagged you for the Rainbow Tag! You can check it out here:

    http://dollfacedisasterbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-rainbow-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your look! I'm yet to try out urban decay's primer as I've read some pretty good reviews about it. btw I'm a huge fan of the naked palette!

    xx
    stylevancity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my favorite primer, been using it for years its wonderful!

      Delete
  5. i love wearing gold eye shadow during summer! its simple and fast but looks fab! love the gold and blue combo here - i must try that next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not blue in the crease, it is actually the color called busted from the Naked 2 palette as shown in the photo :) But a lot of colors can go with gold.

      Delete
  6. That looks gorgeous but not overdone, love it!:)

    Belle Epoque
    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the gold on your skintone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice, Erica! These shades look very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really bad at handling loose eye shadow. I really love that how it changed in this brilliant golden :)
    Areeba @ Aree With Umbrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a while to get use to it sometimes. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. I always put just a little bit of gold right in the corner of my eye. I think it helps brighten my up a bit! Love the Naked palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty look! I have always loved how blue paired with gold. Thanks for the inspiration.

    New follower from the blog hop :)

    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not wearing blue lol Maybe the black eyeliner looks blue?? Someone else said this as well and I had to look at the photo again. Glad you like it. Following you as well :)

      Delete
  12. This looks really pretty. I love gold shadow on the lids!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking up with the Blog Hop!
    Jordyn
    theprettylovelyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem, I love connecting with new bloggers, we have to stick together :)

      Delete
  14. love your blog :)

    im now following you through the friday blog hop - id love it if you could check out my blog and maybe follow if you like?

    leanne @ rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I like yours as well, followed you back and left a comment :)

      Delete
  15. You did a great job with the application.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You certainly know how to apply eye shadow! Looks great! I think the gold eye shadow is beautiful and fits you nicely. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...