Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Garnier Whole Blends Avocado & Shea Butter Review

While passing through Walmart the other day I noticed an entire isle devoted to the fruity, tantalizing formulas of Garnier’s new hair care products. This colorful range is infused with reviving ingredients that target your specific hair concerns and I find the natural elements very enticing.

The blends include:

*Honey - to strengthen and heal damaged hair
* Indian Coconut Water & Madagascan Vanilla Milk - quenches and softens
*Argan Oil & Cranberry - to protect color and reveal radiance
*Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter - tames and controls frizz
*Avocado Oil & Shea Butter - to deeply replenish and restore
*Green Apple & Green Tea - to revitalize and boost shine

Since I love fresh avocado facials for seriously supple skin I decided to try the Avocado & Shea Butter line. The ultra nourishing, healthy fats have amazing moisturizing benefits for hair and skin and the only reason I don’t use avocados in my treatments more frequently is because I also love guacamole and end up devouring them! The shea butter is an added bonus and the richness intensifies the replenishing properties of the formula.


Photo source: healthherbs365.com (via google images)

The avocado in this collection is sourced from South Africa and the Shea is from West Africa. Although the shampoo does contain Sodium Laureth Sulfate (which I’m not a big fan of), the formula doesn’t dry out my hair or make it unnaturally squeaky clean. I think the oils and fats from the avocado and shea counteract the harshness of the sulfates to balance the cleansing experience and leave the hair and scalp fresh and build-up free. I also like that the texture is creamy, much like a shampoo-conditioner combo and it lathers well without stripping or making my hair brittle. Although avocados don’t have a pungent aroma it isn’t a scent most people want in their products. The good news is that this collection smells nothing like avocado, it has more of a light shea scent that smells great.


The conditioner is what really helps restore moisture to make hair feel soft, smooth and fortified. This formula is thick and lush to coat each strand without weighing down the hair. I like that the texture has some slip which makes shower detangling a breeze and when you leave it on for 5-10 mins the ingredients do help rejuvenate dry, rough areas for body and shine.


After using these (paraben-free) products my hair felt good but for more softness, bounce and silkiness it would be beneficial to have the avocado deep treatment that comes with this collection. For weekly shampoo and conditioning I like it!

You can find Garnier hair care at drugstores nation wide

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...this looks great and I'm very tempted to try it out!! But I'm a bit nervous about that sodium laureth sulfate! Brands should really invest in making sample sizes of these products. I don't want to waste money on something that won't work! Great info though!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...