Thursday, August 25, 2016

Estee Lauder Fall 2016 Beauty Collection: Skincare, Makeup & Fragrance

Recently we’ve been experiencing cooler weather and I am so thrilled! The changing temperature signals a seasonal transition and today I am going to share some of the new fall launches from Estēe Lauder.


I adore Aerin’s Tangier Vanille Eau de Parfum so much that I have been wearing it to all my recent soirees. Perfume is very difficult to review because it is one of those things you have to experience for yourself to really appreciate. I’d describe this aroma as sensual, bold, fiery, feminine and sophisticated. The scent was inspired by the legendary gardens and exotic bazaars of Morocco and although it does emit an aura of mystery it smells very elegant, expensive and timeless which is perfect for a night out and still suitable for day wear.


At the heart of the irresistible scent there is warm, soothing Madagascar vanilla that beautifully combines with top notes of crisp sun-drenched bergamot, rich Bulgarian rose and base notes of velvety amber, lush sandalwood and feathery-soft musk. I think this fragrance would appeal to most women because none of the ingredients are overpoweringly sweet, floral or deep and it lasts all day without fading very much. The standard size - 1.7 oz retails for $130.00.

I am a big fan of the Pure Color Envy Lipsticks and recently the popular collection gained a new light sculpting formula for a hi-luster finish. There are 12 sultry shades available in luxurious magnetic packaging. The formula is buttery and smooth for effortless glide and the saturated pigment drenches lips in layers of gorgeous satiny color. The light reflecting sheen makes lips appear full, pouty and dazzling without feeling glossy or slick. I also like that it provides lots of lustrous moisture with nourishing fruit oils and rich butters. The shade below is 410 Power Mode which is a soft pink-mauve. The lipsticks retail for $36.00 each.


For someone who has tried and tested countless amount of skincare, it’s a pretty big deal when I award a product “holy grail” status but I have! The Revitalizing Supreme+ Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Creme is a must if you crave supple, silky, resilient skin. The luxurious formula is infused with Moringa Extract which firms and amplifies collagen and elastin to help tone your profile and reduce the look of lines and wrinkles.


For me the biggest selling point is the velvety dose of hydration and the instant transformation I feel in the texture of my skin. If you have dry to very dry skin you need to get your hands on this! When I first applied it, I literally gasped at the results and how soft and conditioned my skin felt. The ultra-rich consistency makes a fabulous regenerating night cream and in the morning I awake to dewy, fresh, glowing skin. It may be a little too heavy for day wear during the warm summer months but it is definitely one of my new “holy grail” creams for a complete complexion boost. The 50 ml jar featured here retails for $94.00 and the smaller size is $64.00.

I also received the Darphin Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum which is new to me since I hadn’t previously tried this line but I assume that it is also owned by Estēe Lauder. The serum treats redness, evens the complexion and calms sensitive skin including rosacea. I don’t usually suffer from redness (unless you count the occasional pimple) but I do experience some irritation. I didn’t find the formula particularly hydrating and the texture is a bit runny but it does help alleviate discomfort. I couldn’t find a Canadian price but the serum retails for about $88.00 U.S.


The Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam is a milky, hydrating emulsion that can be massaged over damp skin to cleanse. The airy cream helps rinse away dirt, excess oil, pollutants and makeup to purify and refresh. Although I appreciate how conditioning and soft the cleanser leaves my skin, I do have to use a makeup wipe first to remove the majority of my foundation as the formula takes a bit longer to break down oil based substances. The foam is very gentle and non-stripping so my face doesn’t feel dry or tight after use. You can pick it up for $36.00.


Estēe Lauder can be found in department stores including Hudson’s Bay, Sears and Sephora.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...