Tuesday, August 16, 2016

GS Ti-Tron Nano Titanium Professional Flat Iron Review

In the sweltering summer humidity, it may be difficult to think about heat styling when all you want to do is get your hair out of the way and toss it up in a messy bun but fall is just around the corner! If you’ve had your flat iron for a while, chances are it is worn or peeling and the heat settings don’t work as well as they use to. To get the most from your stylers and prevent damage, it’s a good idea to update and replace them every so often. Thankfully Trade Secrets is now hosting their tenth give and take event. Simply visit any location and donate your old appliance to get 50% off a new one until September 23. The old tools are donated to women’s shelters and charities supporting those escaping violence throughout Canada.


I know someone will appreciate my trusty old flat iron and my hair will appreciate a device that is a little more high-tech and efficient. The Ti-Tron was originally $189.95 and with the 50% discount you can get it for $94.98 which is a great deal for a tool of this quality!

The device has super sleek 1” Nano Titanium floating mirrored plates so hair glides through them effortlessly with no tugging, snags or breakage. If your mane is a bit rough or dry, the negative ions help lock in moisture, control frizz and prevent static plus the slippery surface tames cuticles for soft, ultra smooth results. The device also uses infrared heat technology to prevent dryness, brittleness and burning.


The long swivel cord makes for easy manoeuvrability and adjustable settings allow you to customize your styling routine. The heat increases quickly in 50 degree increments starting at 200˚F/90˚C with a max temperature of 450˚F/230˚C. I suggest starting low and increasing the level accordingly to achieve your desired style and don’t forget your thermal spray for extra protection. I love that I can straighten my hair using less heat than I did with my old iron and it saves me so much time!


Because the iron maintains an even temperature, heat distribution is more consistent resulting in less damage and since it quickly adjusts between settings, you can dial it up or down to suit your hair type. For a straight, silky finish I only have to go over each section of hair 1-2 times and for extra glossiness I use a serum. It also prevents flyaways, improves the look of damaged ends and the design is durable enough to manage the thickness of my long, unruly hair.

Another great thing about this iron is that you can also use it to create amazing curls and flowing waves that rival salon quality results plus if you forget your curling iron while travelling, no need to panic! I think this would be a great device for all hair textures from thick to thin and everything in-between.


As a safety precaution the iron automatically shuts off after 40 mins of inactivity. The plates can be cleaned by simply wiping them with a damp cloth (when the iron has cooled) to remove product build-up and residue.

When it comes to applying heat to hair, my motto is simple – don’t cheap out! Sometimes you really do get what you pay for and the better irons tend to last longer. To maintain the health and resiliency of my tresses, I always go for professional quality and the Ti-Tron makes my hair soft and lustrous. If you are on the hunt for a great flat iron this one is fabulous!


For more information about this sale and charity event click HERE and you can visit the website at tradesecrets.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...