Friday, August 26, 2016

Quo Limited Edition Fall 2016 Collection Review

I am so ready for cool temperatures, pumpkin spiced lattes, warm fluffy scarves and the rich colors of autumn. I enjoy summer but I’ve had enough of this hair frizzing humidity, so today I’m celebrating the coming season with new makeup from Quo!


The brand did a great job creating eye-catching packaging! The durable palettes are beautifully designed with deep purple casing etched with a sleek leaf design. 


There are 3 new eye shadow palettes to choose from including Plum Perfect, Clean Sweep and Neutral Ground - each with 10 expertly matched shades.

Clean Sweep is not your traditional fall themed palette of rich, seductive tones. Instead it contains neutral, cool hues like baby blue, cream, gold and champagne contrasted with deep blues and grey. I'm not usually drawn to this particular shade combination as there are quite a few shadows with white undertones but I do like that I can create smokiness with the navy and fresh day looks with the golds.


The light milky blue looks great against the dark blues and the cream is a nice brow highlight. I didn't think these shades were my style but once applied I really liked them!


If you crave traditional fall colors then the Plum Palette is probably your best bet. It has a dazzling array of shimmers including a pretty bronze embedded with golden flecks and a great range of soft mattes. The deep plum-brown, orange-red and black look stunning in the crease and you can use them to define and shape. I use the pink-cream hue to blend or transition and the glittery colors work well on the lids.


Throughout both palettes the pigmentation varies by shade and most apply sheer to medium coverage. With a good primer the deeper hues can be intensified substantially and even though the color pay-off isn’t quite as saturated as I prefer, with a little layering I can still achieve vivid results. The smooth, silky texture is easy to blend with no fall-out or creasing. The palettes retail for $18.00 each.


Here are a few swatches of my favorite shades from both palettes 

The Quo Matte Lipsticks are completely on-trend with the fall theme. Mysterious (my personal fave) is a deep, sultry berry-wine. Red Alert is a classic bright red and Brandy is a soft muted pink that I think everyone is going to love! The lipsticks are suitable for all complexions and they glide on buttery smooth with an ultra lightweight texture, creamy moisturizing formula and fabulous pigmentation. I love the comfortable matte finish and you don’t have to worry about the color settling into the skin or drying out the lips. If you need (or want) some new lipsticks for fall I highly recommend checking these out. They retail for $14.00 each.



The Brow Palette comes with two powders (light and dark), a small brush and an eyebrow cream that helps set the hairs and color. I think this is the only shade option available and unfortunately with my dark black hair the powder didn’t work for me, I’m actually more of a gel-filler kind of girl. If you are in the auburn range however you may want to give this a try, it retails for just $12.00.


There are 2 new face palettes in this limited edition collection and I have Perfectly Ordinary which has a beautiful balance of golden pink and brown tones. I absolutely love this compact! The two shimmery hues are incredibly soft and velvety for easy application and blending and the pigmentation is buildable and versatile. These pretty hues maintain your summer glow with luminous skin enhancing shimmer and they go from sheer radiance to high impact for a strobing effect.


The blush in this palette is matte, creamy and neutral so it matches well with the highlight. The pink-mauve undertone is a refreshing break from all the bright pinks and coral blushes of summer and it compliments my skin tone wonderfully. Hands down one of the best products in this range! The compact retails for $20.00.

Quo is available exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart and this collection will hit stores mid-September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...