Tuesday, June 19, 2018

NEW Hair Care from L'Oreal – Protein Treatment and Masks

When people ask how I’ve grown my hair so long and silky, I always suggest deep conditioning. I use a treatment mask at least twice a month to improve the health of my hair and help undo styling damage.


L'Oreal has created a few new products specifically formulated to reinforce the cuticles, intensely hydrate and enhance manageability.

The Extraordinary Oil  Mask ($8.49) is infused with extra-fine coconut oil to restore and mend brittle strands plus the jar has enough product for 1001 treatments! The rich conditioner smells amazing and blankets hair in dense moisture for easy detangling without weight. I comb it through thoroughly (focusing on my ends) and pin my hair up before covering it with a disposable shower cap and microfiber hair towel for about an hour. This method traps in heat and increases absorption for better results. To speed up the process you can also apply blow dryer heat directly to the plastic cap for 5-10 mins. The directions only indicate a treatment time of 5 minutes but my hair is long and thick so I usually need more time. After rinsing, my mane is shiny, soft and free-flowing for days!


The new EverPure Sulfate-Free Hair Sheet Mask ($5.99) is perfect for weekend getaways and overseas trips. After shampooing simply wrap your hair in the cap and seal it with the sticker. The inside is coated in nourishing cream which is activated by shower steam and warmth for deep penetration. I leave it on for 10 minutes and it makes my hair feel smooth and supple. The packet fits in your gym or beach bag and helps resurrect shine and silkiness after exposure to sun, salt water and chlorine from the pool.


When I'm not flat ironing my hair into submission, my ringlets require a good leave-in, and even if you aren't a curly girl, the Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge ($8.49) is a fantastic moisturizer. Although I don’t have damaged hair (which is what the treatment is designed for), the formula strengthens over processed strands that have been weakened by styling, environmental elements, coloring and improper care. It fortifies the fiber’s structure beyond the surface, conditions, softens, prevents split-ends and reduces breakage by up to 97%. The lightweight finish is non-sticky so I can use as much as I need to protect against heat and sun damage.


Summer usually means humidity levels are on the rise and this can lead to poofy, poodle-like hair. Looking like I was hit by lightening is not an option so I’ve been using the Smooth Intense Frizz Taming Serum ($8.49). This leave-in acts like an anti-humidity barrier that controls frizz and increases brilliance while retaining natural movement. Hair is never stiff or crunchy and flyaways are smoothed down for a neat, polished finish.


L'Oreal is available at drugstores nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...