Friday, August 30, 2019

Stila Hide & Chic Fluid Foundation Review

Remember when I told you that I’ve always had difficulty finding foundations that match? Well recently most of the products I’ve been sent to review look amazing on my skin! I don’t know if it’s because beauty companies finally understand the value of incorporating more women of color but things are definitely improving for girls in the medium range of the color spectrum.

I was matched with Stila’s Hide & Chic Fluid Foundation ($51.00) in the shade Tan/Deep 1 and decided to test the formula on date night. I had pretty good results with Stila’s Lingerie Souffle Skin Perfecting Color and if this one didn’t work, I knew my husband wouldn’t call me an oompa loompa over a candlelight dinner...he’d wait until we got home and let me down gently.


Hide & Chic is described as “a magic elixir” infused with botanical ingredients that smooth, blur, refine and even the complexion. I love makeup enriched with skincare and this golden bottle contains plant collagen and vegetable extract to firm and tone, baobab tree root for moisture and Irish sea moss.

What I love most is the customizable coverage. The consistency is light and very liquid-y so the color blends effortlessly and provides a natural, skin-like veil that is long-wear, flexible and humidity-proof. It is also very buildable so you can easily go from medium to full-coverage with no trouble concealing blemishes and discoloration.

The foundation is quite runny so be careful when using the pump dispenser. Yesterday a stream of it shot across my vanity and ended up in a drawer. 

Fortunately this shade makes my complexion look flawless. I used my beauty blender for quick, seamless application and it spread beautifully!

The swatches below show the texture of the foundation blended and unblended (FYI, my face and forearm are different colors and this photo was taken in direct sunlight).



I always set my liquids with powder and after a full night of fun at the fair, my skin wasn't greasy at all! There was no transfer (my hubby occasionally complains about makeup on his shirt) and the color didn’t oxidize in the sun – no harsh red tones. A little goes a long way so use it sparingly. If you wear too much it may look cakey and pasty.

The silica coated pigments create a bouncy, breathable finish that feels silky, hydrating and smooth. I didn’t experience any irritation and the formula is suitable for all skin types with the perfect balance of matte and dewiness. 

There are 30 shades to choose from and about half of them are in the tan, medium and deep range.


If you’re looking for a great foundation that makes your skin appear healthy and luminous, I definitely recommend trying this one. Stila is available at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart and beauty.shoppersdrugmat.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...