Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Blog: Sunday, Barbecue in Niagara Falls

Sunday
Today I went to Niagara Falls to have a barbecue along the Niagara escarpment which has become a tradition for my family. I live about an hour and a half away from Niagara Falls and despite all of my world travels it is still one of my favorite places to visit. I've been going there since I was a baby and now I visit a few times each summer.

We didn't actually walk down to see the falls even though I love looking at how beautiful and powerful it is. We were all too tired to do much walking after sitting out in the sun all day.
This was the view from our barbecue area  

Some more photos from the day
Skylon Tower



The Fudge Factory is always somewhere we can't resist stopping. I got a candy apple but they had tons of things to chose from and everything was covered in chocolate!!
Fudge
What did you do this weekend??

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you are travelling a lot, Erica! That's great :)
    I had a weekend with my family, we were celebrating 2 birthdays:)

    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't really call going to Niagara Falls travelling since it isn't far from where I live and it is in the same province but I love it there, it is very nice.

      Sounds like you had a good weekend as well. 2 birthdays means 2 cakes lol

      Delete
    2. Living close to Niagara Falls sounds even more better :)
      2 cakes are not good for my diet :D

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm BBQ and chocolate covered- anything are my weakness! It was a nice sunny weekend and hung out with friends Saturday and Sunday was sushi buffet lunch with family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we all had nice relaxing weekends with the family. I don't like fish or any seafood really but I really would love to try out some sushi with chicken or veggies in it. I haven't really ever had good sushi.

      Delete
  3. OMG just look at the Fudge Shop, now that's heaven :-)
    Might just have to take my new partner sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! But go to the Canadian side, the American side is boring...There isn't much to do on that side.

      Delete
  4. I have already been to the Canadian side about nine years ago :-) I loved the chocolate covered strawberries I got at the Hurshey store back then, and lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niagara Falls is on my go to list of places to see. It's looks beautiful and all that chocolate! :-)

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...