Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Delicious Baked Chicken and Cheese Fusilli


I LOVE pasta, it is one of my favorite foods and my food of choice when I go out to dinner. I am going to share with you my personal recipe for a baked pasta dish that is so scrumptious I could probably eat it every day...but I don't.
What you need:

*1 package of lean or extra lean ground chicken. You can use ground beef if you like. I opt for lean meat as a healthier alternative but you can use whatever you prefer.
*Garlic
*Seasoning salt
*1 large onion
*Green onion
*3/4 cup of diced tomatoes
*2 jars of original Ragu pasta sauce I use the half the fat Ragu as a healthier alternative
*Cheese You can use whatever kind you like, I use cheddar
*Cilantro (optional)
*Garlic powder
*Onion powder
*Italian herb seasoning
*Mrs Dash original blend
*Black pepper
*Extra Virgin Olive oil
*Thyme
*Pepper sauce to taste (I use the Scotch Bonnet pepper sauce)
*Fusilli pasta (You can also use rotini if you like)
Directions:

1) In a large pan sauté : chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, chopped cilantro, thyme and chopped green onion in some extra virgin olive oil.

2) After a few minutes add the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle on: seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, Italian seasoning and Mrs Dash seasoning.

Mix and break up the chicken.

3) Cook chicken completely

4) After you have cooked the chicken turn the heat to low and add both jars of tomato sauce and the diced tomatoes.

You can add some pepper sauce at this point which is optional. Make it as spicy as you like.

5) Let the sauce simmer on low-very low heat for 25-30 mins.

As the sauce is cooking I start to cook the pasta and make a green salad.

6) Preheat oven to 350-400

7) In a big baking dish mix the cooked pasta with the sauce.

8) Grate cheese over the top of the pasta

9)  Cover dish and bake for 15-20 mins or until cheese has melted and sauce begins to bubble.

You can serve this with garlic bread or salad.

Voila! You are done, the finished result is very tasty comfort food the whole family will enjoy


8 comments:

  1. Looks delicious and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl.....don't you know I'm trying to diet here....::narrows eyes::....teehee, I love you! <3 Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, I know we are all on a diet hun but a girls gotta eat :) This is a once in a while dish and it isn't very fattening if you don't add the cheese.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh- that looks so good! I love pasta too- it's my weakness (one of many lol). I'm most definitely going to have to try this!

    Following you back from Chatter From a Single Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta is one of my weaknesses as well. Although this isn't a traditional Italian recipe (it's my own) I LOVE Italian food. I think I may gain 15lbs when I travel to Italy lol.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow- my mouth started watering while reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! I'm doing something like this too, though I just don't know how to call it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...