Saturday, June 8, 2013

Weekend Blog: Soulyve Restaurant Featured on The Food Network

Saturday 

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend thus far.This Saturday I spent time with my family, we decided to  try a new Restaurant called Soulyve, north of the city in Orangeville. My sister and I are food channel fanatics and every time we see a restaurant featured in North America with delicious food we just have to try it whenever we are in that city. This restaurant was featured on a show on the Food Network called You Gotta Eat Here.

Soulyve is a West Indian restaurant that combines delicious foods like crispy roti and jerk chicken in a delicious, spicy wrap with cheese, lettuce, spicy mayo, pineapple and tomatoes. This combination was different yet delectable!! I usually don't like pineapple in savory foods but the combination of spicy and sweet was a delicious balance of flavors.

Reggae wrap
The sweet potato chips were my favorite! They were crispy, sweet and salty and I just couldn't get enough so I bought a bag to have later.

Sweet potato chips
The restaurant also has many other appetizing foods and interesting combinations like Jamaican patties filled with Soulyve's signature jerk chicken, samosas, and curries. The portions are generous and the prices are great.

If you live in the GTA and want to try a new and unique restaurant you should definitely head up to Orangeville and try Soulyve.

I LOVE trying new food combinations!! What interesting foods or food combinations have you tried??? Leave a comment below and let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,

    Excellent writeup and great blog! Glad you enjoyed one of our town's not-so-hidden gems. :) I am sure Phil (Soulyve's owner) was glad to have you. Thanks for visiting Orangeville.

    Take Care
    Stafford
    LifeNotes / swedwards.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)And thanks for having me, I will definitely be back with my family again.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE anything sweet potato! Glad that you found a cool, new place!

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...