Wednesday, June 26, 2013

essie Grow Strong Fortifying Nail Polish Review

I love wearing nail polish but if I wear it all the time I notice that the chemicals in the polish wreaks havoc on my nail beds. My nails sometimes peel and strip and when that happens I know it is time for me to take a break from my polish. 

I wanted to find something that would help strengthen my nails and allow me to wear my polish as much as I want without damaging my nails. I saw this essie grow strong fortifying treatment and I thought I would give it a try since essie is pretty well known for their nail products.
One thing I like about this treatment is that it has a nice pink hue to it so you can still have a bit of color on your nails while you treat them. I also like that it dries pretty quickly.

After using this treatment on and off for the last year or so I did not notice any great improvement in the strength of my nails. I also didn't see any great improvement when my nails peeled from prolong nail polish wear. 

The only thing that actually helps my nails recover is not wearing nail polish for a couple of weeks and giving my nails a chance to recoup. I also switched to a less harsh nail polish remover which is in my NYC mini haul post. 

For nail growth one thing that did help my nails grow substantially faster was taking biotin supplements but I stopped taking them because of the negative side effects on my skin. I did do a review on biotin pills which you can look for by using the search box at the top right of this blog.

I do still wear this treatment when I don't feel like wearing a bright nail polish or any distinguishable colors. I wear it when I want a light wash of color and I often pair it with my essence sweet as candy polish which is a similar color.

Leave a comment below letting me know which nail treatments you have tried and which ones worked for you. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the color!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear OPI's Nail Envy sometimes, but I can't wear that on it's own. I need some color, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...