Friday, May 24, 2013

Dhow River Cruise, The Saluja

Last night my hubby and I went on a Dhow dinner boat cruise on the harbor with the beautiful skyline of Dubai as a backdrop. Despite the scenery it was difficult for me to fully enjoy the cruise because I think I got food poisoning from something I ate yesterday and I feel terribly ill. Despite that I sucked it up and tried to make the most of the night.

The Dhow boat we cruised on was called the Saluja which was a traditional dhow wooden boat. Even if you don't plan to go on a cruise it is nice to go down to the harbor and see all the boats lined up with their colorful lights.


I expected a formal, romantic, quiet evening out with a nice dinner but I was unpleasantly surprised when I saw a lot of families and a lot of very rowdy kids on the boat making a lot of noise. The food was okay, it was mostly Indian food which seems very popular here, but the buffet was not very orderly and everyone was shoving and weaving in between you to get what they wanted. 

The boat sailed a very small route circling the harbor a few times, so the scenery doesn't change and even though they stress punctuality the Saluja left half an hour late waiting for those who couldn't be bothered to be on time.

The performers were adequate but the amateur magician seemed to be there for the kids alone. 

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic night and dinner out then this may not be the cruise for you. If you want a casual night out with the family then you may enjoy this cruise. 

We booked through Marhaba deals.com and got a very good price.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the above posters Lina, Rina and Manek, you cannot post business links to your website using false Google accounts on my blog. If you would like to contact me about advertising do so properly, if not all your comments will be reported to Google as spam and be removed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...